Monday, August 4, 2008

Taking the Plunge

We are all very excited about our up coming BBQ and Baptism this next weekend!!

For one, there are over 100 people signed up to be baptized this year! Awesome!!

For two Seth has decided that he would like to be baptized this weekend!! He really wanted to do it last year but didn't quite understand what the commitment was really about. We spent the last year praying with him and studying what God has to say about baptism and asking him questions. I believe that he is ready, and he is off the charts excited about it.

How cool is that?

His Granny, Papa, Uncle Charlie, and Aunt Staci are going to be able to come up for the weekend. We are all excited about that!

Also, I am thrilled because I get to help Mike in the water, baptizing people again this year. It was absolutely the highlight of my year last year. I feel honored and privileged to be allowed to participate in this day! And on top of it all I get to be there, in the water with my son when he is baptized!!! It really doesn't get better than this!

Here are the videos from the last two years. Check them out you will cry, so go ahead and get some tissues then click on the link. Here and here.

I will post pictures as soon as we get them this weekend.

Kristen

3 comments:

JonesGardenBlog said...

PRAISE GOD!!! and pass the bbq sauce :)

I love it! That's got to be an awesome feeling.

Wish we could be there.

Renee said...

Awesome! I was browsing around last week on the Orchard site and saw both videos! I cried through both of them! It is awesome what God is doing in and through your church! I am so very excited about Seth! Praise God. Three down...one to go. Glad you will have family company! I can't wait to see the new video and rejoice along with you.
Think about celebrating Rebirth-days as well as Birthdays!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Ok-yeah-I watched the videos and I'm crying like crazy! I can't wait to be there in person and see my grandson be baptized by my kids. Praise GOD!!