Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Grilled potatoes

I don't know about you, but in the summer I would much rather cook outside.

Grilling doesn't heat up the house and doesn't leave you with a bunch of dishes. All good things :)

I have been trying my hand at grilled potatoes and haven't been doing very well.

But found this recipe and they turned out sooooo good.

potatoes sliced
cream of chicken soup
onion sliced (optional)
1/4 cup of butter sliced
seasoning-garlic salt, pepper

I just cut up enough potatoes for our family (six) and mixed them in a bowl with the soup and onion slices. Poured it all out on to a piece of foil and cut the butter up all over it. Added seasoning and sealed. (I wrapped another piece of foil around the whole thing because I wanted to turn it over half way through the cooking.

I grilled it on the top rack of the grill for an hour, at med. heat, turning once.

Then when it was done I dumped it on a tray and sprinkled cheese over it to melt.

It was so good.

Mike and I decided that it was so yummy and could become very versatile depending on the type of soup you used. I was thinking maybe a cheese/bacon soup (is there such thing?) would be good. You could even make them Mexican style by using cheese soup and salsa or chilies. The original recipe I stole it from had cream of mushroom soup and fresh mushrooms which sounds soooo good but I would not make to serve my kids. No good would come from that!

Kristen

4 comments:

Renee said...

Sounds yummy! Beleive it or not I am actually cooking more these days! I like the new look of your blog!

Renee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JonesGardenBlog said...

Okay, not about the potatoes, but the header on your blog... Do you remember that friends episode where Phoebe made that "picture" with the manequin on it and Rachel and Monica were fighting over who HAD to keep it.

Yeah, your header kind of reminds me of Phoebe's art work.

Sorry. Kind of creepy. I think I'll just keep reading your stuff through bloglines.

The potatoes sound good.

kristen said...

Oh Keith!!! LOL!! That makes me love it even more!!!

K.