Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tonight is the Night

While the kids were gone in Arizona Mike and I had so much fun, but we also got a ton of stuff done around this house.

I totally re-did my school room(which now rocks!), cleaned out the laundry room, put ceiling fans in all the bedrooms and bought paint for my bathroom.

Notice I said bought paint for my bathroom.

It is the only room I have not painted in this house. I am kind of a nut about paint. It is a cheap, easy and a fun way to change a room. Also makes kids fingerprints not so noticeable.

Anyway, I held out on painting my bathroom because I wasn't sure what I wanted.

But then, I came up with this idea. Try to picture it, with bright pink paint I want to paint about a foot border up at the top of the wall and then paint the rest of the wall a dark brown, above and below the pink. I think I saw it on a chocolate box.

The other exciting thing about this paint project is that I was blessed when I bought the paint! I had a Lowes gift card I had received a while ago and had not yet used so I knew I was going to be getting paint free of charge. Then on top of that, the weekend I bought it Lowes was having one of those five dollar rebates, so on top of the fun gift card I was also excited about the good deal I was going to get. I told the guy I needed the small can of pink and a gallon of brown, but when I came back he had made two gallons of paint. I felt bad but told him that he had messed up and he said he sure did and I could have the gallon of pink for five dollars because it was now an OOPS paint! Very excited about that!

So although I was excited about my idea,I think I got intimidated by my plan for painting. That's the only answer I can come up with for why I have not painted my bathroom yet. That is really not like me at all!!! Usually, once I begin a project it is completed soon after. I don't do well with half done stuff. And the paint in the garage is mocking me.

So this is it. I am doing an inventory of my paint supplies and I am starting this project tonight when Mike gets home. I need his help because for it to work right we are going to have to be painting pink and brown simultaneously, and I don't know if I can do that alone :)

I will post pictures of my development.

Kristen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can not wait to see it!!