Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Joshi is Six!

This is what Joshi said to me last night before he went up to bed;

"Mom I just have one thing to say to you, I'M SO EXCITED TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY!!"

Six is a big year apparently. He has been really, really looking forward to turning six. Makes me a little sad. He really isn't a baby anymore. I could somewhat talk myself in to thinking he was still little when he was five but six and first grade, that isn't little anymore :(

He was born the day before Kylee's fourth birthday. So at the time of his birth Seth was one year nine months, Kylee was one day from being four, and Faith had just turned six. Oh, and Mike was working a full time secular job and working full time for a church. That maybe why much of Joshi's babyhood was a blur!

Today, I will make him a special dinner. Whatever he wants. And this is what he chose, terriyaki meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and a double chocolate layered pie. He gets his birthday cake this weekend when his two best friends, Sam and Luke, are coming over for a bowling/sleepover.

His cake? It will be a green bowling ball filled with pudding, at his request.

Kristen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It just does not seem poosible that little Joshi is 6. I was on a plane headed for North Carolina when he came into the world. Thought I would make it to be there, but when I saw Mike was the one picking me up at the airport-I new that our little one had made his appearance. You had an interesting pregnancy to say the least and he was such a little peanut and precious. Well, he is still a peanut and precious, but growing up fast. Happy Birthday, Joshua Wil!!

JonesGardenBlog said...

A green bowling ball cake... you gotta post pictures of that one. Dinner sounds great, what time should we be over... :)
Josh is a blast! We had such a good time hanging out with him while he was here. Happy birthday dude! A big head butt from Unkle Keith!

BTW, we have a Wall-e shirt that belongs to the little man. I'll ask B if there is anything else and then ship it off this week.

Anonymous said...

I definitely want to see the cake!
How do you make the ball? Happy Birthday, Josh!

smatchatsuddenlinkdotnet

Mandy Devine said...

Was sitting here counting and thinking Josh can't possibly be six and no way can Kylee be 10...then I realized Ella will be three next month. Seems like just yesterday you guys were visiting NC with little Seth and we were wondering if we would ever have one of our own. You really do have to make sure you savor every minute - time goes by so fast!