Thursday, July 17, 2008

Is that A Baby Ruth In the Pool?

Ew.

We had a Caddy Shack moment in the pool yesterday.

My kids were swimming and all of a sudden some kids, on the end I was sitting at, screamed,"There's poop in the pool!"

The kids who shouted it then continued to dive and look at it.

After a couple of minutes they went and got the life guard. This is where I realized that there might possibly be poop in the pool.

I retrieved my kids and their friends out of the pool and we watched the poop recovery process.

The lifeguard stood on the side looking at the suspected poop, not trying to get it out with her net, and also not blowing her whistle to empty the pool.

Now, I don't want to tell her how to do her job, but if there is suspected poop in the pool, BLOW YOUR WHISTLE!

Then the six children who discovered the poop begin diving for it! (where are their mothers?)

They are diving and chasing it around the shallow end until one comes up and says,"EW, it's slimy."

Then the littlest one (maybe 7) catches it. (Seriously, where are their mothers?) Puts it on the side of the pool. This is where the life guard takes out her rubber gloves!

I am in complete and utter shock at this point.

Then she picks up the possible poop, squishes it, smells it and declares to the other lifeguard, "Yeah, it's poop"

Then they blow the whistle.

But that isn't all folks. I am packing up to go home and sterilize all my kids when all of a sudden, I am covered in a powdery substance. Not knowing what it is I begin to brush it off. Faith's friend's mom is sitting next to me and says,"It's in my eye! She just threw shock in the pool and she got it in my eye!" The very same bright life guard who didn't blow her whistle with the suspected poop had just thrown chemicals all over me and several other moms.

I would have tried to rinse off the chemical that was eating away my skin, if the showers hadn't been full of kids trying to clean the poop residue off of them.

We all came home and scrubbed.

Got to love group pools!

Kristen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

EEEEWWWW!!!! How often do you go to that pool? Everyday? GROSS! Knowing you, Kristen-will it be a FEW days before you go back?

Anonymous said...

Where's Bill Murry when you need him? I hope they did more then just shock the pool.

JonesGardenBlog said...

Okay, now that was classic. I'm sorry, very funny, accept for the shock in the eye, that can be very dangerous... well, okay that and my nieces and nephews swimming in raw sewage.

Now did you check to see if the lifeguard who did that also works at that new waterpark?

Classic.

Anonymous said...

How did you not run around screaming? Of course it would have been MY kids, OK, JD, that would have played around it. Anyway, with shock in your eye and a good lawyer, it could easily become "Kristen's Pool".