Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Kids are Back in Town

The kids are back. I am now just trying to get myself back into the kid mind set again.

Monday was too cold for the pool so I had eight kids in the house or around the house most of the day. Also there is some neighborhood watch report going around about a strange man in the neighborhood so the kids have been banished to the back yards or inside houses. That is so lame. Bad people suck.

So yesterday as I was trying to read a chapter of my book, outside, in the sun, I sat down on one of our lawn chairs and up popped a furry, black spider right beside me. Yes, just like the nursery rhyme.

I jumped but then realized this was a great distraction for four little boys that desperately needed something to do. They came running and captured him in the little bug habitat that they were carrying around.

Today was warm enough for the pool but that only lasted for three hours. We came home. Today we had a different four extra kids. I took the boys out front to play for a bit and they found a baby grasshopper they decided to put in their bug habitat.

We were watching the spider and I was, of coarse, narrating, in nature t.v. style, when the furry black spider pounced on the grasshopper!! We were all amazed and it was great fun.

So the boys, now numbering 5, found some more grasshoppers and Mr. Spider didn't disappoint. He grabbed them stung them and webbed them right up. The 5 girls in the house were less impressed with this spectacle.

Too cool.

Kristen

1 comment:

JonesGardenBlog said...

Right on. Sounds like a good time.