Thursday, October 4, 2007

University

I went to college for three years and never finished a degree, but came close. I never regretted the decision to stop my studies and become a full time mom. I know I am intelligent and never felt the desire to go back just to get a piece of paper that somehow validates your education.

Until recently.

I don't know what it is and maybe it will pass. But I have this strong urge to have my credits from the three colleges I went to transferred to a local university and try and complete what I started.

We don't really have the finances right now to put into my education but it might be something I will be looking into in the future.

I am not sure it is something that is worth the time pursuing. I know I have lots of credits towards a degree in humanities and I know now I would want a degree in something more practical so I don't know how those credits would even transfer over.

Just a thought. What do you think? Should I pursue it or just be happy with what I have?

Kristen

5 comments:

Kathryn Egly said...

I would go for it!! It would be a good example for your kids! As far as finances, I am sure you could get scholarships to cover most or ALL of your education. Talk to the financial aid office of where you might want to go and they could help you know where to start.

Anonymous said...

Go for it, Honey-I have always been sorry that I did not finish my education, but like you, quit to get married and then have children. You would not be sorry if you got your degree.

Bill Curley said...

Figure out how much it will cost (approximately); then lets (all of us) find a way to finance the education.

JonesGardenBlog said...

I dunno, I tink di efx of mI edumacation hve bn gret! Dem claaases realdy teech you dings.

:)

Live life full throttle. You want the paper, get the paper, but not for the paper, for yourself. You're kids will be proud of you no matter what you do. Not because of what you have accomplished, but because you are a great mom and you are their mom and no one else can ever be that.

Just my 2c.

Personally I was looking to sell my on ebay.

:)

Anonymous said...

School is cool! Just do it! You will never, ever regret that "piece of paper" and it is setting a good example for your kiddos. There is always a way to figure out the financial aspect of your grand adventure. Plus, you can be a conservative, moral voice in an place that tends to lose sight of such things. Yet another reason to go. You could be a good example to those college kids too!
-A.J. :0)