Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Back to Work

Today our week starts back up. Mike and I decided that yesterday should be a day off considering it was such a busy weekend and we didn't take any time off last week. So we took the day to rest, go to the library (where I think I am paying for their new wing), shop, and play.

But today we get back to business. Our music lessons got moved to today so I have that at 10:30. Their teachers rock!! I can't even tell you how great they are and how much we love them!! They are good friends of ours but they are also phenomenal music teachers. Some of the best musicians I have ever heard. Really. If you are looking for a teacher go here!!!

School wise we are finished with the eyeball. Faith did a research project on sight dogs last week and Kylee did one on Myopia. We will be touching briefly on the other senses now....Hey that was kind of punny. Then we move on to frontiersman and trappers. Which will be great because Kylee is reading the little house books. Speaking of Kylee reading she is doing great!!! She has always been my kid who doesn't enjoy reading. But she is doing much better and I am noticing her bring her book in the car with her and reading on her own now. I am very, very, very, happy about that!!!

Well, got to start on our day.

Oh and if you want to see some more pictures from Easter Mike has his rewind posted.

Kristen

5 comments:

Mike Jones said...

I very much enjoyed chillin' with you all yesterday! Hope that you have a great week back at school.

You've got to be one of the hardest working teachers I know ;)

Kathryn Egly said...

How are you paying for the wing?

Because of our ridiculous taxes, or do your kids lose a lot of books?

Anonymous said...

Frontiersmen & trappers? Please don't tell me you're going to skin something and make tents out of pelts. Although, we do have a possum, several rabbits and a groundhog that run through our yard. You're welcome to come set a couple of traps or put a deer stand in our tree.

kristen said...

Okay to Kathryn, We have not lost any books to date but late fines are my thing. I try every time I get all the fines paid to keep the cards clean but one book always seems to slip between the cracks. There are several libraries across the U.S. that I am sure have a picture of me on their do not loan board!!

And Joni,
LOL!!! I have not even looked at the unit very closely but if they do indeed suggest hunting or trapping, which I would not be surprised, I have to say that is not going to happen with me!!! Mike?

Kathryn Egly said...

Oh, late fines! I forgot about those!!