Saturday, April 7, 2007

Two Books in Two Weeks!

If I could identify a plus side for me with Mike being preoccupied the last couple of weeks with the coming services it is that I can read to my hearts content in the evenings and not feel guilty. So I read two books and loved them both!!! Really life is too short to read a bad book, right Paula? So the first one was another Adriana Trigiani book called Queen of the Big Time. Excellent book. I can't say enough about this author. All of her books have just been really great reads. If you are looking to just enjoy a book these are perfect.

The next one I read was Eve's Daughter's by Lynn Austin. She is a christian author and I have to admit I have shied away from christian authors in the past. I have tried a few and just found their writing to be shallow with the characters and plot underdeveloped and predictable. This can be a bad thing for me because I have this problem, once I start a book I have to finish it. Mike can't understand why I don't just stop reading it. I just can't. There have been times when I have read an entire book hoping that the main character would just turn up dead so that the book could be over.

Okay so I got off the topic there. Eve's Daughter's was the story of four generations of women in one family and how their choices all effected the next generation. It was very well written and even had me on the verge of tears a couple of times. I highly recommend this book. I am looking forward to getting a couple more of her books and seeing if they are as good.

Happy reading!!

Kristen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I almost read only christian authors anymore-I's like to try this one!!