Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Thanks Kids!!!

Okay so maybe this is totally normal and every kid does this but I am blown away this morning.


On school days the girls are the ones who set their alarm. They set it for eight and sometimes we make it to eight and sometimes it is earlier. But this morning they set it for seven got up shut my door and started fixing me breakfast!! Faith made scrambled eggs, and fried up some ham and Kylee made cinnamon toast. I was so surprised. Then Faith cleaned up her mess!! (No the picture is not the breakfast she made it actually looked alot better than this one!!)

This was all for my birthday and I got some awesome home made cards as well as a home made doll from Faith. I didn't even know she was using the hot glue gun, yes that is a little scary.

I wish I could show you the cards. You can so see their personalities in all of them. Faith's was sweet, kind and expressive, Kylee's had some great cows drawn on it and a dollar inside, Seth's was loving with a picture of him and I on the front and a sucker taped inside with the words I love you next to it, and Joshi's, his had an envelope that he wrote some Joshi words on, so I couldn't read it but he read it to me, it was a riddle (the answer was Jasmine) and inside a card with a picture of Jasmine....er....shall we say using the facilities, and a picture of him and me and his doodle monster walking along. Yes he is my son. If anyone knows me they know I love a card that will make me laugh and this one did it!!

What a great birthday!!!

Kristen

6 comments:

Kathryn Egly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Wow, what great kids!! That's awesome! Now, will Mike be making dinner??? Can he outdo the kids?

kristen said...

Thanks Kathryn! And no mike will not be making dinner. We want to eat tonight! Ask him about the lemon chicken :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! That's awesome! hey go out to dinner tonight. Tuesday is .99 kids buffet at Ponderosa!!!

Anonymous said...

It seems that all husbands have some sort of story about "chicken".

Ask Joni sometime......

Anonymous said...

the rice was good though

Anonymous said...

Faith and Ky cooked and then even cleaned up?! I think that maybe they need to spend some time at granny's-don't you think? As for the chichen story-I'd like to hear it-Mike's dad's is a "hamburger" story-LOL!! :)