Thursday, April 19, 2007

Kindness Society

Sometimes as a parent I feel like I am talking to a wall. I feel like I say the same things over and over but they don't seem to be getting through. The same lessons again and again. Then all of a sudden there is a glimmer of hope. That is what I received this morning.

Seth was very excited to get the mail this morning. Okay, he is always very excited to get the mail but he seemed more so this morning. So finally it was after lunch I unleashed him to run out to the mailbox. He handed me the mail and in the middle of all the advertisements and junk there was a home made envelope addressed to Kylee Jones. It was from the Kindness Society. I recognized the handwriting as Faith's but still didn't know what was going on. So Kylee opened up the envelope and out fell a coupon for a free frosty from Wendy's with this letter attached:

Kylee H. Jones has won a free frosty to Wendy's. She has won this because she is the kindest person of the month. Every month we pick a person we think is the kindest, and she/he gets a reward. This program is for children only. We try to make them want to be kind. The prize will not always be a free frosty. It sometimes is only a "good job" letter. But our goal is for the children to be kind all the time, they must want to be kind, do it naturally. Kylee, we hope you enjoy the frosty.

The Kindness Society

The great thing about this was not only did Faith reward someone for being kind but she was kind to her sister by giving her the letter and her brother by including him in the plan and to top it all off her and Seth worked together with out arguing!!!! I was blown away and I have to say my heart swelled a little.

Couldn't we all use a little more kindness?

Kristen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing something right, Little Mama! I have to say that it does not surprise me because your children are wonderful and great to be around! And since they ARE my grandchildren, of course they are PERFECT!!

Anonymous said...

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Great job all the way around. Doesn't it just help you go on one more day? :) I had a similar experience this morning with the kids working through some stuff on their own. It's a huge encouragement in the midst of lunkheadedness.