Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Great Neighbors

If you happened to be walking by my house yesterday afternoon around 5:30 you probably heard this:

Jassssminnnne Belllllle!!!!! Come Here Jazzzzzy!!! Come on Girl!!!

She hasn't done it in a while but yesterday she escaped. We had a fence put in to prevent this from happening and it has worked quite well until yesterday.

The boys were outside with their friend from down the street and they were playing with these hover missiles. It was a great day for it with the high winds they were having a great time. They were throwing them up and the wind was taking them up over the house into the front yard.

The boys were very happy.

Jasmine was in the house since she really likes the hover missiles as well and would love to catch and kill one.

She was very unhappy.

Since they were having to go into the front yard I told them it was okay to leave the gate open. And all was going smoothly until Faith opened the door and let Jasmine out in the yard. It took Jaz about three seconds to be out the gate and gone.

And she was gone. I mean gone.

I told the kids not to chase her because she really likes that. But as we were standing outside looking to see if she came back up the street my neighbor came driving up and said she saw Jasmine and that she would drive down and get her. Cool! Okay so Maureen left and was gone for about 10 minutes when I see her car come back up the street. No Jasmine.

She said she saw her, she was down at the park near the club house (which is pretty far down the street) playing with some kids at the park....

Stupid dog.

She then said that our other neighbor had grabbed his kids bike and was chasing her down for me.

After about 10 more minutes we see my other neighbor and his wife driving up the street with Jasmine in the back of their car. They thought it was hilarious. I was not thinking it was so funny. But what did hit me was what great neighbors I have!!! I am blown away by their generosity and kindness.

So Jasmine is home and safe and the kids are happy.

Kristen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We get sighting reports from our neighbors when King goes missing. He always comes back smiling though. Everyone in our neighborhood has a dog so you can kind of track him by listening for who's barking. Its a community event!

Anonymous said...

Which neighbor was it? I'm sure it wasn't the ones I am thinking about-was it? Could there be hope?