Monday, April 23, 2007

Bird Nest Barbeque

We have been noticing over the last few weeks that every time we have tried to use the grill that there have been little sticks and twigs in our grill. I assumed that the kids were playing in it and told them to stop!

Well, as I was cleaning out the backyard beds this weekend I noticed a lot of stick stuff coming out of the grill and when I opened it this is what I found.

The thing that amazes me is that we had grilled just four days earlier. This little bird did all this work in just four days!

The bird who built this filled up the ENTIRE grill with material then built a gorgeous mansion of a nest on top of the grill part.

I can't bring myself to destroy it.

So, the bottom of the grill is near rusted out and we really need a new one anyways.

For now the old one will be a safe place for a new bird parent to keep their babies.

Kristen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!! Let those little baby birds have a place to grow up-besides, what a conversation piece!

Anonymous said...

That's like, Big Bird's nest. Its HUGE. Make sure it doesn't swoop down and pick up one of the kids.

Kathryn Egly said...

That is amazing!! Thanks for the picture ... I had to see it to believe it! (Did you apologize to the kids yet for blaming them :) )

Anonymous said...

ROAST 'EM!!!!

I like my eggs over-easy :)

Sorry. Not a bird fan.