Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Yummy Soup

I made the yummiest soup last night. It was so good so I thought I would post it here for other's to enjoy. Here it is. The only thing I did to alter it was I added hot pork sausage and I omitted the zucchini because I am the only one who likes it. But other than that I followed the recipe and it was awesome.

I also made a loaf of bread and here is the recipe. But I have to tell you the key to this bread is the flour. The best is the bread flour from Sams.

1 1/3 cup water (warm)
2 tablespoons butter
4 cups of bread flour
5 tsp sugar
1 ½ tsp salt
2 ½ teaspoons yeast

Place ingredients in bread machine on dough setting or I use my kitchen aid and just mix for about five minutes. Then I cover it for an hour. After the machine is done punch down the dough and roll out in to a 9 x 15 rectangle. Roll up from the 15-inch side and tuck fold underneath the roll. Place on baking stone or sheet and cover with a towel. Place in pre heated and TURNED OFF 250 oven . Let rise about 20 minutes then take off the towel and turn oven on to 370. Let bake until brown about 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy.

Kristen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This soup sounds really yummy!! I make the bread at least once a week and it is a breeze, but soooo much better than store bought! Thanks for the recipe!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.