Saturday, April 28, 2007

I Did Great!!

We had such a great day yesterday!! So many reasons why it was a successful trip.

First, I got there with no incident AND found parking!! We got there an hour early and had time to walk around and enjoy the city. The kids loved it and so did I! It really is great!

Second, when we got into the museum I met up with my group and they were all the women I already knew from a previous get together. Wonderful women and sweet kids!

Third, the Docket lady who organized our tour was quite prejudice against home schoolers and was not kind. But Suzanne, the lady who organized it, handled it so well and with such grace.

Fourth, the mean lady turned out to be my groups leader and was very unkind to Josh not letting him join in on the drawing and such. The other mom I was with was upset and tried to get me to get her to include him. But I held my tongue and soon she threw him a piece of scratch paper and pencil. He began drawing what the other kids were drawing and really just as well. She noticed him and asked how old he was and said he was very talented and she couldn't believe how well he did. After that she gave him the same materials as everyone else. So because I held my tongue everything worked out!

Fifth, the kids, all the kids, were so incredibly well behaved I was blown away!! They were great!!

Sixth, I loved loved loved the museum. Getting to see all the art from the men and women I had studied so much in college was like being in the presence of greatness. I was over whelmed and like a child in a candy shop. The kids totally fed off of that and got excited with me. It was awesome.

Seventh, the sweet lady who organized the trip has two awesome daughter of babysitting age so I have now found two new babysitters!

Eight, I got home with no problem.

It was a great day!!

Kristen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey-oh my goodness was God honored on so many levels!! I am so proud of you and I am so glad that you all had such a wonderful time-including little munchkin-Joshi. I still want to come to your school-it really sounds like fun. BTW-can we go there someday?

Anonymous said...

guess I had the wrong day!
Glad you had a blast.