Monday, April 9, 2007

Our Easter

What a great day!! The service was awesome!

I loved it.

Then after, as everyone was leaving to go have lunch at their sister's house, I looked at my little family and got a little sad. We have no blood relatives here so our holidays consist of the six of us. And I have to say I usually make some effort to cook something special on Thanksgiving but Christmas and Easter usually don't get the big meal. And in my defense, I do cook just about every night for my family. I love to cook and do it often so I think that taking off the holiday is okay.

So after church we went to a restaurant and then came home. Mike and I both were so tired but the kids were missing their daddy and I didn't want to give in to us laying down and napping while the kids did whatever. So I remembered we have Netflix and they have a watch now option. The movies aren't recent but they have a few family movies. So we found The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, downloaded it on the computer, pulled out the futon in the school room and all 7 (Yes, it is the only piece of furniture Jaz is allowed on) of us crashed and watched the movie. Truth be told Mike and I snoozed a little but we were all together.

After the movie I got up and prepared our Easter dinner of left over pizza (thanks Paula) and deviled eggs.

Then we got ready for bed and all six (No, Jaz is not allowed on our bed) of us crashed in our bed and watched Amazing Race.

Then off to their own beds. I think it was a great Easter.

But we do miss our fam.

Kristen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

guess what, Honey?! Your family misses you! Remember some of the great holiday stuff we used to have? We will all be together again one day-can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Had I known, I would've gotten a bigger ham! Although the family crash probably did you more good.