Friday, April 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!

I want to give a shout out to my mother-in- law because today is her birthday!! You can't see her super great in this picture but she is to the left of the guy with the hat. I have heard other people talk about how bad their mother-in-laws are but mine is awesome!!

Mom was at all the births of our children, except Joshi she was at the airport but didn't make it to the hospital before he was born. After Faith was born and when I was trying to assign names to everyone Esther said she didn't care what they called her she was just so happy to have a grand baby. That was when we decided that she looked so young she had to be called Granny. And it stuck.

When we still lived in the same state we loved to shop together and go to lunch at Houlihans for shrooms and soup. Yum!! And every Thursday night while Mike was at practice mom made dinner for the whole family. And I mean the whole family. All the brother's and their families, girlfriends, grandma, grandpa, everyone. It was awesome and I didn't have to cook!!!

Now they live in Kentucky and we live in Il so we don't get to see them as often, but everyone loves it when Granny and Papa come to visit!!!

Thanks mom for loving me and always making me feel like part of the family.

Kristen


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, HOney!! Pass the hankie please while I sop up my eyes! You are precious to me-my #1 daughter (I have 3 now), but none the less-one of MY precious kids. We had some really great times back then. Remember taking Faith in the stoller and just going into a store and trying on clothes and never buying anything?! I miss you lots, Honey! I can't wait to go to Houlihans out there in Chicagoland and have some baked potato soup and shrooms.