Monday, March 5, 2007

Attack of the Clones

Yesterday was weird. The kids did not enjoy missing church and were a little on the grumpy side. Seth was really fine yesterday and feeling 100% like himself. But I, being the true germ-a-phobe that I am didn't want to expose him to anything else. So I made everyone stay home from church yesterday. Did I mention they were not happy? So, to make up for this bit of sadness in our house I allowed them to watch Attack of the Clones.

Okay, so I really can handle only so much Star Wars. I have a limit, and really reached that limit several years ago. So Kylee, Seth and Josh put on the movie and I went in another room to read my book. From the other room I am hearing the battle noises and such from the movie. But then it seemed like I was hearing the same scene over and over again, which really isn't that unusual since the whole movie kind of sounds like one scene playing over and over again. I then tune in a little more and I realize it is the same scene playing over and over. And a fight appears to be brewing between Seth and Josh. I crept around the corner and this is what I heard:

Josh: But I want to be Yoda!!!! (You really have to imagine the half whine, half scream here)
Seth: I really should be Yoda. (Said with confidence)
Josh: But it's my light saber!!! ( Things are starting to get ugly)
Seth: So, I have it. ( Again just a fact)
Josh: But I look more like Yoda!!!! (Aha!!)
Seth: You're right, here.

The good thing here is that they worked it out with out me intervening. How is it a good thing to win the argument by the fact that you look more like Yoda, I'm not sure. But after that I couldn't resist watching the scene be re-enacted. And I have to say Josh rocks as Yoda. Who knew?

Kristen

3 comments:

Mike Jones said...

Totally hilarious! I saw it first hand and you're right... Josh rocks as Yoda (especially using the force to hold the rubble off his brother).

Bill Curley said...

Looking like Yoda may also have its advantages. Now, looking like Sam Elliot is a real challenge.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but looking like Yoda or Sam Elliot definitely has it's draw backs!! How was that force doing holding the rubble off his brother?? That's a picture!!