Thursday, March 22, 2007

One Cow Eyeball Please

Being a homeschool mom definitely has it's challenges. Our attentiveness unit has now moved on to sight. They suggest to really make an impact on the students you should acquire a cow eyeball from your local stock yard and dissect it with the kids. Okay, so really I have no problem with the dissecting part I think the kids will learn a lot and it will be memorable. But, I really have not the slightest idea how me and my four kids are going to go down to the stock yards and get an eyeball. I mean seriously!! Yes, I realize we are in the stock yard capital but how does one go about making a request like this? I am completely at a dead end.

And of course as I was planning I happened to mention it out loud and the boys freaked they are totally looking forward to dissecting an eyeball.

You see while we were in NC Venessa's older daughter was in a biology lab and came home with the news they will be dissecting a frog next. I told her you can do it on line first so that you can be prepared and she found a virtual dissection sight and when Seth saw it he spent half a day dissecting and re-dissecting this crazy frog on line. He was totally fascinated. I am sure I can find the eyeball on line as well but it really isn't the same.


Maybe someone makes a plastic one like the frogs.....


Any other ideas?


Kristen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool.

Nice picture too.

Anonymous said...

Yucko!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I should have read this post before making my last comment.