Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Lucia, Lucia

I just finished a great book. It was Lucia, Lucia by Adriana Trigiani. She is the author of the Big Stone Gap series which was also good but I like Lucia Lucia better. It is not educational or anything it is kind of the chick-flick of books. But the thing I like the most is that it is told as one older women telling another younger women the story of her life. She just has a nice way of writing that makes you want to know the characters and find out what happens next. Sometimes I just really want a book that I don't have to think too much about. One that you can just sit back and enjoy. This book definitely did that for me.

If you read it I hope you enjoy it and if you have read it what did you think?

Kristen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not read it, but will put it on my list. Just wondering, have you guys read Bridge to Teribitha? Sooooo Good. Maggie and I cried! Read it before you go see the movie!

Kathryn Egly said...

Ted recently asked me "What kind of books do you like to read?" You explained it perfectly...books that are enjoyable that keep me from having to "think a lot!" Love that. After working and thinking and focusing all day, it's nice to curl up with a good book that I don't have to re-read to understand.

Jackson said...

I just finished this fabulous book. Thanks for the tip. I enjoyed every second! I like how the author "finished" the story, too. Now I won't have to be "haunted" by the characters with a story left unfinished...you know what I mean? Enjoyable read: great era, great setting, great family...and now I'm hungry for Italian food!!!

kristen said...

I am so glad you enjoyed it too!! I also love it when a writer finishes the story, by either writing another book or finishing it up in one book. I have a hard time getting those characters out of my mind when I am left hanging!!!