Thursday, March 8, 2007

New Ride

So we found out this week that our van was not just cosmetically unattractive, but also a hazard to drive and to top it off worth literally no money. But my savvy husband was able to work it out and we traded the old thing in for a new, safer, and I have to say outwardly more appealing van. We are pretty jazzed. I love the fact that the steering wheel doesn't shake violently as you are driving down the road and the kids love that the back sliding door windows roll down. Something for everyone.

For me this is also a lesson in the great things that God has in store for us. We went into this venture just trying to get out of this dangerous vehicle and were looking at anything available. And God literally shut the door on it. I see now that He had something better for us, a newer better vehicle. Isn't that the way we all are a lot of times. Expect the least when God really has so much more that He wants to bless us with? I just praise God that he continues to bless and keep our family safe.

Kristen

2 comments:

Kathryn Egly said...

Congrats on the new car!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice. We found our Sable couldn't handle 3 car seats across the back when Annaliese came along. It smooshed the infant seat so she was a little tilted! We (Doug) looked for a year for something we thought would work until God totally took over and gave us (me) our dream truck. Our kids now call the Sable(which is Doug's official vehicle) "Daddy's old car" and "Truck's baby". I don't think he likes that.