Friday, March 2, 2007

Entertain me

Wow this seems like a strange day to start this blog, but I have been talking about it for a while so thought I would start today. I am a mom of four gorgeous kids, and with the help of my awesome husband they are all four schooled at home. So life is....busy.

Today started like any other. The alarms go off and we start our day breakfast, getting dressed, beds thrown together, oh, and the first-thing-in-the-morning musical serenade by either piano or guitar performed by our budding musicians. All seems to be normal until we hear the dreaded,"Mommy, I don't feel good." Seth our 6 year old has a stomach ache and like any six year old boy, he thought that a large bowl of cereal with MILK on it would make it feel better. So after the first round of sickness I put him in bed and began the decontamination process. I don't know if it really helps but I do know that it makes me feel a lot better.

The school day must go on so I am giving spelling tests and bleaching all surfaces that are not moving when I hear my name being shouted from the upstairs quarantined area. As I hurl myself upstairs to my sweet child's bedside (yes I was concerned about him, I was also concerned about the carpet) I see that he is laying peacefully in his bed he looks up at me and says," Mommy entertain me."

Did I mention that I love him?

Kristen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My new favorite blog! It is a total God-thing that they are born so cute, isn't it?!

Tell Seth we hope he gets well soon!

Todd and Paula

Anonymous said...

Sethie is so cute-sorry you had to be sick, Sweetpea!!