Saturday, March 3, 2007

Joshi and Mommy's day of fun!!

At the beginning of the school year Mike and I set up a reading goal for the kids. If Seth and Josh read 100 and the girls read 50 then they would earn a date with either mom or dad. They have been very excited about this. Josh reached his goal in early January, seeing that he only had to have books read to him this was really a greater feat for ME, but so much has been going on I just haven't had time to take him on his date.

Well, this week it finally happened. Monday while daddy was constructing a giant ear with the older kids Josh and I snuck out on our date. He got to choose the place and he chose Panera Bread company. I know that sounds a bit like I influenced him but I didn't!! I swear!! His favorite food right now is their Broccoli and cheese soup. It really is awesome! I found a copy cat recipe here but nothing is as good as the real thing. So we went to Panera and enjoyed some bread and soup together. He was very cute and soooo polite. Then we chose to go to the book store and look around. He brought me about 12 books, which we read together, and then found a very cool book that we bought.

We drove home slowly because we really enjoyed our mom and son time out. And now I am jealous because Faith just finished her 50th book and now it is Mike's turn!!

Kristen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Doug & Maddie had a bookstore date which ended up at a Starbucks(Maddie's choice for hot chocolate)for hot chocolate, a mocha, and a giant cookie. I love kid dates. So what's with the giant ear?