Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Ten Minute Tidy!!

People often ask me how I manage to school all four kids. So I thought I would include some of the things that I do to make life run a little more smoothly.

One of the things we do around here, so that I don't go crazy, is a little thing I call the 10-minute tidy. I put a ten minute timer on each morning before we start school and everyone goes as fast as they can to pick up, swifer the floors, wipe down the bathrooms, and just do whatever needs to be done so that we can start our day. I started this because I was finding that, that little bit of mess that was around before we started our school day turned into a big giant mess by the time our school day was over. But now with our 10 minute cleaning spree it is very manageable and not a big deal. The kids don't get over whelmed and neither do I! Also I think the kids work better when there is order to the house. I know I do!

And to top it off now the kids have a little song that goes along with it ...maybe I will have to get that on video because I really can't do it justice.

Kristen

1 comment:

Jackson said...

Great idea!! And although I do not home school, I might steal the idea anyway! I still do not know how you do it??????