Tuesday, March 6, 2007

N.C. Here We Come!

We are all pretty excited around here right now! Mike has a conference in South Carolina next week and when I originally heard about the conference I devised a plan...See we moved here two and a half years ago from North Carolina and have not been back to visit since. We all left great friends there and have wanted to go visit for a while. So Mike is actually taking some time off and we are going for a week!! He is going to drop me and the kids off and then going to the conference. We are getting to stay with our best friends Vanessa and Willem and their kids Chaunte, Leandrie, and Izak. No, those are not typical southern names!! They are from South Africa. They were our next door neighbors in N.C. and in that house is where I learned about some of the best food in the world and my kids learned to speak Afrikaans. Okay, not totally but they learned a lot! I can't wait to spend a week soaking up the sun, my great friends, and some relaxation.

Oh, and I will not be wearing any shoes that cover my toes while I am there. Faith and I have already decided the toenails will be orange, we are excited about painting them after their long winter hibernation.

The real problem is what will we tell them when we have to come back home and they have to go back in socks?

Kristen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. You left here SIX years ago and my BROTHER has still not been back.

I see how it is. Your husband doesn't like his family. I understand now.

Come on! I'll teach your kids spanish. That has to be more useful than Afrikaans!

kristen said...

Okay but in my defense I have visited AZ twice since I left!! And Mike will really not be totally visiting N.C. since he will be off on business part of the time!! So quit your whining!! :) Love you guys and miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Man, do I identify with the shoes!! In Az a couple weeks ago, I actually wore my sandles-and YES, Kristen, my toes were properly painted!! but then I cam back and I am back in 2 pairs of socks and long underwear!! But, hope is in the air-the daffodils and butter cups have sprouted, so even if it snowed last Sunday, spring is coming!! My favorite time of year in Ky-tons of flowers and colors-I can't wait!