Saturday, March 24, 2007

Withdrawl

One of the other great things about our trip to North Carolina was our nightly card games. When we lived in NC Venessa and Willem were our next door neighbors and we often would walk through the hedge and have dinner together with cards to follow. We usually played Skip-Bo which sounds innocent enough but let me tell you it could get pretty cut throat! Of course Venessa and I were always on a team and we usually won.

Willem and Mike get pretty obnoxious.

And they cheat.

So with all that against us Venessa and I didn't do so well the week of our visit. We played a total of nine games three of which we won, five of which they won, and one game I am counting as a misdeal. (Although they won't admit to it)

We had so much fun playing and talking and I now haven't played cards in seven days.

Todd and Paula are you up for some Skip-Bo?

8 comments:

Mike Jones said...

Let me clarify here... for one, the guys have always and will continue to rock at Skip-Bo. Two, let me remind you of who does the cheating, sweet girl! You and your partner(s) in crime... I mean cards, do some serious cheating.

We always win because we are just that good at cards. I've been trained well :)

And BTW, the record for those 2 days was 6-3, no mis-deal.

Anonymous said...

Can anyone say "denial"?!?

Todd

Anonymous said...

Please, Kristen, your reputation for cheating goes way... WAY back. Need I remind you of the notorious Spades incident? You know, "you have the queen right?" I mean up until that point you had at least tried to hide it, but I have yet to witness another card player who would so blatantly cheat... well, except my sweet wife, but she doesn't do the blog thing, and she's sick, so I can't really bag on her. But you! Fair game!

Anonymous said...

Not that you would know what a "fair game" is.

:)

kristen said...

I would just like to note that all of the people leaving these sad comments are men, who have been beaten by me and my partners. Sore losers? I think so.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristen, Kristen, Kristen...and Myk. I seem to remember lots of Skip-Bo, Uno, and some board games in Flagstaff. You insisted on playing until you won. It is nice to see that some things don't change!
-A.J. :0)

Anonymous said...

How can I get in on some of this action?

kristen said...

Joni! We totally need to get together and play some cards! I am sure we would be an excellent team!! K.