Monday, March 5, 2007

Pass the Buck

If you know me you know I like to read....A LOT! I love all kinds of books. One of my recent favorites is The Good Earth by Pearl Buck. If you haven't read this, or haven't read it in the last ten years, it is a must read! To me the most amazing thing about it is that it was first published in 1931 and it is still such a great read. Sorry, but I sometimes have a hard time with older books and them still being relevant to my life. And I have to admit when I first decided to read it I was reluctant. It sounded a bit like something I was forced to read at some point in my school career. But because I read so much I happen to be without a book at the time and decided to give it a try. It is one of those books that you become so involved in you begin to neglect your family....If you like to read you know what I am talking about. I am not going to say anything more about the book but if you read it and want to talk about it tell me what you think!

Oh, and guess what I just found out it was the first book in a trilogy!!!! My poor family.....

Kristen

1 comment:

Jackson said...

As you know, I very much enjoyed this book and found the same to be true with the relevancy thing. I drank it up like a precious cup of Wang-Lung's tea!! One comment to throw out to your Buck readers: Who did you feel more sorry for? O-lan: wife/sold as a girl to be a slave or Lotus: mistress/sold as a girl to be a prostitute??