Saturday, March 31, 2007

Blades of Glory

My gorgeous husband and great friends Paula and Todd surprised me last night!!

Paula called me yesterday and asked for us to come over and have dinner and some cards last night. I had already started our dinner and told her maybe we could come over after. She insisted that I put away what I had out and just let her cook for me. I said okay, but I was dragging yesterday afternoon. I had been cleaning, schooling and dissecting all day and I felt kind of run down. By the time Mike called and was on his way home I was just scrubbing the shower out. So I threw on some clothes put my hair in a pony and when Mike got home we gathered everyone and headed over to Paula's.

As we walked into the house their boys were running around my kids were running around (they love each other very much and get very excited when they see each other) and in the middle of all the chaos I look up and see that Todd and Paula look kind of over dressed for a night of card playing.... And there appears to be a young girl standing in the living room. Then they said,"surprise we are going out!!!"

How exciting is that!! Paula and Mike totally planned the night!! They couldn't locate two babysitters so one brave girl took on all seven kids!! Five of those being boys....Yes, she was paid well. What they didn't plan is that I had a wet pony tail and ugly t-shirt on. But Paula lent me a hair dryer and long sleeve shirt and within minutes I was ready to roll!

We went to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and then to see Blades of Glory on opening night! Okay not only do I not usually go to a full price movie but never on opening night. It was very exciting. I thought it was hilarious. How can you not laugh at Will Farrell dressed in a ice skating outfit being his silly self. I loved it.

Thanks guys it was awesome!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I'm glad you had such a good time-sometimes, you have to go outside your box!

Kathryn Egly said...

What kind of pizza did you have? They have SO MANY great pizzas!!! It's my sisters FAVORITE place.

kristen said...

We had the Carne Asada pizza and it was delicious. But their bread was really the bomb and the appetizer we had....Oh my goodness. It was the avacado chicken egg rolls. I can't even explain it all I can say is next time I may forgo the pizza and just eat the appetizer on my own!!!