Thursday, March 8, 2007

Mission Impossible

Sometimes getting the kids to not just do their work but enjoy their work feels like an impossible mission. I think one of my jobs as a home school parent is to not just get the work done but to teach the children to enjoy learning. And for Faith one of our biggest challenges has been learning to love writing. She loves to read, as a matter of fact I can't keep up with her. I have never had her tested so I don't know her reading level but I know by the books she is reading it is high. So you would think that logically anyone who reads that much would also enjoy writing. But you would be WRONG!!! So I have to send out a big thank you to blogger. Since I started this blog she has been very interested in starting one herself. She begged and begged and Mike added a blog on to mine so that she could post as well. She is doing great!! She loves it and she is choosing to sit down on her own every afternoon and post something!!! You have to understand what a huge accomplishment this is!! IT's huge!! So here is a link to her blog. Check it out and give her some encouragement!!

Kristen

4 comments:

Bill Curley said...

This is catch-up for the last two. Nice ride!. Also, great idea for Faith. Her articles are well composed & contain properly connected thought trains. I could use some lessons -- Please continue to teach me..

Anonymous said...

Have Faithy allow anonymous comments :)

Kathryn Egly said...

I'm like Faith...LOVE TO READ... HATE to write. And I've survived so far!!!

A blog, though, is a GREAT idea to get her writing!!! I'll check it out!

Anonymous said...

You have a very cool family and scary smart kids.